Crime Lab. Thursday, Feb. 2, 2012 at 2 p.m. One hour in Des Moines. Students ages 9 and up. Cap of 20 people.
Do your kids like truth and justice? Do they keep things meticulously organized and clean, or need inspiration to do so? Your family may be interested in seeing how a police department gathers evidence, prevents contamination of evidence, and has changed methods through the years in our upcoming field trip to the Crime Lab. Staff will discuss forgery, fingerprints, photographs, alternate light sources, and other new technologies (the department just got a new toy!) used to gather evidence from crime scenes. [No forensic analysis occurs here, but such a field trip is a future possibility.]
1. First come, first serve. The work of the police department staff may require cancellation with very short notice. No refunds are given, but we will try to reschedule should this occur.
2. Exact location given by email upon registration.
3. Cancellation given by email and telephone blast. Please be sure to have your PayPal information up to date if you have a new email address and/or phone number.
4. Use the PayPal button below to sign up. Parents are free; students $2 each. Please ask if you need assistance 422-9747.
THIS FIELD TRIP IS FULL as of 1/17/12
5. Registering for this program will place you on Three Sisters newsletter subscription (roughly once a month) email list. Registration also gives consent to be photographed for publicity purposes — no full front view of faces or names will be used. Please ask for details.